CTE Invests $250,000 in Community Organizations
CTE, LiftOne's parent company, makes grants in honor of 95th anniversary
Charlotte, N.C., March 31 – As a commemoration of its 95th year in business, CTE and its family of companies today announced seven grants totaling $250,000 to area nonprofit and educational organizations. The grants are directed to programs that strengthen the resiliency of the region through education and technical training, and facility construction and support.
“For nearly a century, our company has been actively involved in our community by supplying equipment for critical infrastructure and commerce, and by funding programs that advance social and economic vitality,” said Stacey Perrow, communications manager for CTE. “We’re proud to partner with these incredible organizations and honored to support their critical work.”
The grants were made by Carolina Cat and LiftOne, two members of CTE’s family of companies, and include:
Technical Training Programs:
- The Goodwill Construction Skills Training Center, which offers programs focused on specialized areas like construction, blueprint reading and estimating, and HVAC and electrical work. The program helps people in our community access high-potential, family-sustaining trade careers at no cost to them. Support from the $75,000 grant provides facility expenses, equipment, staff and trainer time.
- The ROC (Rebuilding Opportunities in Construction), a program that provides high school students in underserved areas of Mecklenburg County with technical skills and job readiness training, paid apprenticeships, and permanent job placement. The $75,000 grant will fund an additional teacher salary that will contribute to ROC's goal of increasing enrollment by 50%.
- Beatties Ford Road Vocational Trade Center, Inc., an organization that provides men and women who are unemployed, underemployed, living at or below the poverty level or re-entering the community from incarceration with technical training. The $10,000 grant will support the organization’s planned IT infrastructure project, helping them build capacity and reach a larger audience.
Historically Black Colleges and Universities:
- Johnson C. Smith University in partnership with the University’s Center for Career and Postgraduate Readiness. The $25,000 grant will provide students with practical career-based experiences and skills needed to enter the workplace ready to thrive in their careers.
- NC A&T State University and their Equity in Education Initiative. A grant of $25,000 will support the university’s Black Male Initiative, a program designed for first-year students to increase their retention and graduation rates.
Facility Support for Nonprofits:
- Charlotte Community ToolBank, a nonprofit that ensures all charitable organizations have the supplies needed to build and maintain their facilities, serve their clients, and much more. The $25,000 grant will support the organization’s need for a new and larger space.
- Safe Alliance and their domestic violence shelter. The $15,000 grant will enhance the comfort and safety of their residents.
For more information about CTE’s giving and funding priorities, please visit cte1926.com/our-impact.
Founded in 1926, CTE (Carolina Tractor & Equipment Company) is one of North Carolina’s largest private companies. The family-owned company is under the third generation of leadership and has built its business based on the principles of trust, integrity and a desire to help its customers and employees succeed.
CTE serves the equipment needs of the Southeast by selling, renting and servicing construction and material handling equipment, truck engines, and engineered and power generation systems. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., and operates in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. The CTE family of brands includes Carolina Cat, LiftOne, Carolina Cat Power Systems, Prime Source, Hydraulics Express, SITECH Horizon, Power Products & Solutions and BlueSkye Automation.
CTE was named as a 2021 U.S. Best Managed Company, a designation sponsored by Deloitte Private and The Wall Street Journal that recognizes outstanding U.S. private companies and the achievements of their management teams. Learn more at CTE1926.com.
Stacey Perrow | CTE | 704.731.7383 | SPerrow@cte1926.com
Jessica Graham | Fionix Consulting | 704.668.5342 | email@example.com